29 January 2008

Zen and the Art of Scooter Maintenance

My neighbor's friend, about whom I have spoken before, bought a used motor scooter (for reasons that occasioned him to say that he was "gonna sue the state of Maryland") the other day for $50. As you may imagine, the scooter wasn't in running condition.

So he's been trying to get it running for the last two days. Earlier today he asked me if I would give him a ride to the scooter shop down the road a bit so that he could get a new part. He said the shop owner would be back in the shop at 1:00, so I told him I'd take him down there then, as I needed to make an important phone call to a dear friend at 2:00.

A few minutes before 1, I herded him to the car and off we went! We got to the shop and waited.

And waited.

And waited.

.........

And waited.

Now, you might think (especially based on my earlier posts about this guy) that I would have been wondering where to bury the remains, after using the pruning loppers that lay in the back seat of my car.

However, thanks to my karma sensei, I was totally relaxed, and even told him, when he apologized, that it wasn't his fault that the shop owner wasn't a good bidnessman.

The shop owner finally showed up at 2:30, the purchase was made, and we returned home.

Also, I called my friend when we got back, and she is to call me back later this evening, in case anyone's worried.

I thank you, Sensei, for helping to make me a better person.

"Phydeaux - this dog ain't too old to learn new tricks!"

No comments: