24 November 2007

This Non-Post Has No Title

Well, it's happened. Day 24 of NaBloPoMo and I have nothing to say.

Nada.

Zip.

Zilch.

I am sans words. My fingers sit idle over the keyboard, waiting for my brain to send signals for them to leap into action and transfer my synaptic firings into words on the computer screen. But there's nothing.

I could say... no, no, not that. How 'bout... nah.

It's a hard thing to be a writer who has no words. Normally I get into the moment and somehow thoughts become words that become sentences and paragraphs and, if I'm very lucky, a cohesive post.

But not today. Today I got bupkiss.

I could write about the fact that it's cold, but it's the last week of November and it's supposed to be cold (in these here parts, anyway). I could let one of the Faithful Sidekicks write a post, but they're not really blog mascots, so.... I don't have any offspring, much less a bilingual child, so I can't post cute jokes in Spanish.

I'm telling ya, I ain't got nothing to say!!

I am blog-mute!

Now, if I'd driven to Chicago for Thanksgiving, I could do a whole series of posts, but I didn't go anywhere except next door and there's not a whole lot of post in "I stepped outside and walked through Teh Woods to Neighbor's house and had dinner."

The union of my ideas and the computer is an empty set.

Hell, if I had a pair of cute-cute-cute new house slippers, I could talk about them... alas, I do not. Were I able to read Hebrew and Aramaic, I could become a biblical scholar and write authoritatively about National Bible Week, but I do well to maintain my ability to communicate in English.

I no can haz wurdz.

So, I suppose I will just have to admit defeat and stop staring at this blank screen.

The only thing I have to say is...

My loony bun is fine Benny Lava.

*sigh*

(my thanks to konagod, pidomon, Jennifer, DCup &MathMan, Cunning Runt, and Portly Dyke for helping me to say nothing today. Go ye all and visit their fine establishments. They all have words a plenty! [Links to each and sundry available in the sidebar])

No comments: