23 January 2010

Teaching Update

Just got back from my (two) Saturday classes, both of which are Level III -- or Intermediate -- English as Second Language. This was the fourth meeting of these two, and what started out as a 20 student early class and 4 student late class has more or less evened out (both by attrition and by getting some of the early students to move to the later class). Up until today, I managed to keep both classes in basically the same place in the book, but today the second class was a lot more talkative (which is exactly what I want... they're in class to learn to speak English after all), and so we didn't cover as much book material as the early class. Hopefully next week the early class will be talkative so I can keep them in the same place.

Also, we finished week two in a Level II class, which is on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7pm-9pm. This class has ten students and has also been a lot of fun. One of the best things about the Level II class is that I've gotten to see the Level II book, and I can better see how the overall program is supposed to work. And I approve. :)

And a week from Monday, I'm to start another Level III class, Mondays and Wednesdays from 7pm-9pm. A third Level III class means a third place in the book to keep sorted in my head. But oh well, that's teaching.

1 comment:

Saoirse in Spokane said...

I marvel at any one who can learn our language. It is so difficult.