20 June 2008

Happy Solstice and Break A Leg!

Today is the longest day of the year (in the Northern Hemisphere, that is), also known as the Summer Solstice! The actual solstice will be at 7:59pm EDT, so be on the lookout for Oberon and Titania, and if you see a hat and cane with a donkey-head knob ... don't put it on/pick it up!!*

Also, tonight is opening night for the 58th season of the outdoor drama Horn in the West. I was a cast member of that show for several years, and I wrote a bit about it here (including a short clip of me singing).

It has been ten years since I was in the show, but I still remember it fondly. I was in over 250 performances, including several performances where I played the role of Preacher Sims - a part which I understudied all the years I was there. I miss doing the show, it was so much fun.

So, to all my friends who are still doing Horn, I wish you a heartfelt "Break a leg!" and good weather for opening night, and indeed, the whole season. I hope to be able to make it up to Boone to see the show sometime this summer, but if I don't, you can be sure I'm thinking of you guys.

(Wes Martin and Darrell King as Dan'l Boone and Rev. Isaiah Sims, respectively)


*An if thou know'st not of what I speak
then watchest thee this video (beginning at around 3:45 in)

No comments: