27 April 2008

Post #463

I had no idea about what I would post today - I'm tired of politics, and the kittehs have been boring lately. Luckily, I've been saved by Linda! This is one that went around before, but I have a different book lying next to me now, so....

Teh Rulz:
1. Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. No cheating!
2. Find page 123.
3. Find the first five sentences.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.


The book: The Venetian's Wife, by Nick Bantock.

The sentences:


Forgive my paternalism, but I do wish to give you a modicum of fatherly advice. The things you've learnt about yourself from the sculptures cannot be translated into words. They are physical memories that manifest themselves in your growing feelings for Marco.


That's not a bad teaser for the book, btw. It's one of the several I've received in the last couple weeks from people who are special to me, and I very much enjoyed it ... both the story and the illustrations.

Also, I can't live by your rules, man. I'm not tagging anybody this time.

No comments: