03 April 2008

Family News

I mentioned this last night in comments at the Phyre (see below), but for the benefit of those who weren't there, and don't wish to plow through the 500+ comments (btw, my blog phriends RAWK), I'll say it here in its own post....

I got an email from my Dad on Monday informing me that my Mom has been diagnosed with early-stage Alzheimer's disease.

As I said early-stage. And she's already been put on Aricept, which is supposed to slow the progression of the disease.

I knew what Alzheimer's was, but, since I've never had a close family member or friend who has it, I didn't know much more than what everybody knows. So I went here to find out. There's a link there where one can donate to research, if one is so inclined.

Also, Jen found a way that we can all help with research, as long as you have a computer (which, if you're reading this....).

No comments: