05 March 2010

Not Wow Like The Last Post, But Still Wow.

10:50pm local time and that was a strong tremor. It scared Raxi. Her li'l tail is all puffed up. Woke Jen (who's feeling poorly, btw) up, too. A fairly strong jolt and then rattle for about... oh, 3 seconds, I'd say. I'll update this with more info once the seismological sites I know have had time to update.

UPDATE ONE: First data -- from the OVSICORI (Observatorio Vulcanológico y Sismológico de Costa Rica), same place as the info in the last post. See the jolt?


UPDATE TWO: Also from OVSICORI, preliminary magnitude of 4.3, epicenter about ten miles from here on the east side of San José

1 comment:

The Cunning Runt said...

That's scary stuff, man. I've only ever felt one here in Massachusetts, which originated around Plattsburgh, NY and knocked pictures off our walls; that was plenty for me, Jaquelin Suzanne notwithstanding.

Hope Jen feels better soon - I'm likewise under the weather, and it stinks!