29 November 2009

"Christmas-time Is Here"

First things first, I'm feeling much better today. Still a bit stuffed up, but definitely "on the mend" as they say.

So, about this Christmas thing.... I've been looking here and there, and I've finally completed the Christmas Special Quartet. The four TV specials that always "made" Christmas when we were growing up. They are, of course:
  • "A Charlie Brown Christmas" -- this was always the number one must see of the year.
  • "Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer" -- remember, Bumbles bounce!
  • "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" -- the Boris Karloff-voiced cartoon, not that dumb movie.
  • "Frosty the Snowman" -- this one is sort of border, cause the animation was, IMO, crappy.

I found and was able to download copies of all four of these, and they will soon be on a Christmas Special DVD. Since the girls have (mostly) been growing up here in Costa Rica, I don't know how familiar they are with them, but I'm sure we'll all have a good time watching them together.

Here's the opening of "A Charlie Brown Christmas" for your viewing (and memory) pleasure:

2 comments:

The Cunning Runt said...

Great list, except that I swore off "Frosty" when I first learned about Burl Ives fingering Pete Seeger as a Goddamned Commie Pinko back in the day...

Feel better, Cuz!

Steve said...

I always thought Frosty was good because of the crap animation. Odd I know