24 January 2009

Restaurant Food Fail

Regular readers may remember mentions of chili a few weeks ago, and some passing reference to the fact that I like mine spicy.

But, it's still edible and, I think, quite good.

Then there are some restaurant chilies that are... I don't know. Some beans and sauce thrown in to add volume to the jalapeño. Now, my question is, what's the fucking point of chili that one cannot taste because it's 99.999% jalapeño? There's no taste, just burn. Why not, dear restaurateurs, just tell patrons that you're gonna destroy their taste buds and give them an eyedropper full of Dave's Insanity Sauce?

If you're brave of tongue and heart, add Dave's Insanity Sauce -- with a careful touch -- to soups, stews and sauces for insanely hot flavor. The label warning reads: "Use this product one drop at a time. Keep away from eyes, pets and children. Not for people with heart/respiratory problems."


Now if you will excuse me, I have a loaf of bread to eat to salve my burning mouth.

No comments: