16 May 2007

On Nature's Fury and the Internets (redux)

I am adrift. I am rudderless. I have no direction. I don't know what to do with myself. I stare blankly at the computer screen, not knowing where my life will go from here.

Am I suffering because of the death of Jerry Falwell? Oh, fuck no! Am I concerned over the future of the World Bank and Paul Wolfowitz? HA! Am I torn between Rudy Guiliani and Sam Brownshirt - er, Brownback? Only inasmuch as I don't know which of the two is more vile. Am I concerned about what our nation is doing in the Middle East? Well, yes, but that's not what I'm going on about.

No, what has me shivering with delerium tremens is the fact that Shakesville is partially offline. The most excellent Melissa McEwan, Queen Cunt of Fuck Mountain, Blogmistress Supreme, pointer-out of things of import, is without electricity in her abode and can therefore not post!

I have only been IV'ed to the net for the last few months, but have already come to rely on the internets for my daily dose of sanity, news, humor and outrage. I can only imagine the withdrawal that the denizens of Shakes Manor must be going through.

Luckily for all us Shakers (and I am honored to consider myself a minor one), the rest of the wonderful gang at that noble site is posting away. But I'm missing me some "Question of the Day" and "Two-Minute Nostalgia Sublime", plus whatever else Melissa would have posted were she not sans electricity.

I am glad to know that - other than being without power - Shakes Manor, and the residents therein, survived unscathed, and anxiously await Melissa's return to the 21st Century....

No comments: