01 August 2008

Whew!

So, yesterday evening I got an email from Blogger, which said, in part:
Your blog at: http://phydeauxpseaks.blogspot.com/ has been identified as a potential spam blog. To correct this, please request a review by filling out the form at http://............

Your blog will be deleted within 20 days if it isn't reviewed, and you'll be unable to publish posts during this time.
[...]
Thank you for your understanding and for your help with our spam-fighting efforts.

Sincerely,

The Blogger Team


¿Que? Spam blog? Moi??? Nuh-uh! Nichevo!! I may be a phydeauxp, but I'm not spam!!!

So I go to my dashboard and see this message:


NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I have to be able to post! I am a blogger, I must blog!!

As it turns out, I wasn't the only one who got locked out of my own blog. All I can figure is that Blogger did an "upgrade" of their spam search code and it... FAILED. It couldn't possibly have been the installation of some sort of Gummint spyware - "persons of interest"/"subversive element"/"free thinker"/"this will go down on your permanent record" - thingy that didn't work quite like they wanted it to.... Or did it?

Hmmmm, I wonder if those FEMA concentration camps are finished yet?

Oh, by the way, as you can see from the screen cap above, this is my 601st post. Not bad for 17 months of blogging.

No comments: