17 December 2009

O Little Town of Belén

As I've mentioned, I'm teaching some Saturday classes now, over in the town of Belén (that's Bethlehem to those who don't comprende español), and I took a couple pictures out the window last Saturday:



Also, tonight the institute had a "training session" for several new teachers, and I was surprised to be asked a lot of questions about procedures and how "we" should do things. I didn't realize it, but I have the most seniority (yeah, six months).

And we also had Tamales: The Costa Rican Version. They were different from the Mexican tamales I grew up eating, but were pretty dang good.

2 comments:

kkryno said...

Hey; there's a Belen in New Mexico!

And tamales!

Maybe you could post a recipe, if you get a chance.

I'm still waiting for the famous tuna caserole recipe. :)

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Dude, everywhere you go you're the most experienced. BTW, I'll try to get some pics of the snow here for you, if it snows.