10 December 2007

Tagapalooza, Part 2

This edition of "I been tagged" is all about the Edumacation Meme, which comes to me from Mauigirl:

Here's how it works. You must write about 5 classes you would like to take if you could make up your own curriculum. AND- and this is important, ONE of them must come from your tagger's list.
I do not know who originated this meme, but I do like it.

1) (From Mauigirl's list) How to Watch George W. Bush Make a Speech Without Screaming at the Television.

This would seem to me to be the most pertinent of offerings, as I can no longer stand even the sound of the Current Occupant's voice. Luckily for me, I never watch TV news. However, I do come across clips of the Idiot-In-Chief on the Interwebs, so I need to take this course. The cost of the course is bound to be less than the cost of a new monitor....

2) After completing the above course, I would move on to the 200 level, How to Listen to Snippets of Dubya on the NPR
Hourly Updates Without Succumbing to Roadrage.
How many times has it happened to you? Driving along, listening to the soothing sounds of Carl Cassel, when WHAM! - that voice? Suddenly, you have an almost unstoppable urge to ram the "W" bestickered SUV in front of you. A combination of Ayurveda and karate techniques will help the student overcome (or at least repress) the feelings of rage. Companion lab class available with special emphasis on Morning Edition and All Things Considered.

3) Creative Hermitry, or How to Be a Part of Civilization Without Being Part of Civilization. Students in this course will explore the many ways of appearing to participate in the greater world without sullying their hands (or psyche's) . Prerequisite course: Cave Decor for Beginners.

4) Surviving Global Climate Change. Texts for this course include The Anarchist Cookbook and the entire Foxfire series. Will soon be part of the required curriculum at all schools.

5) Subsistence Blogging. This course will show the student how to survive on the income (both currency and barter) derived from blogging. Lessons learned will also be applicable to the post Apocalyptic world, with special emphasis on verbal skills.


Them's my five....

In an outburst of alliteration, I peg Portly Dyke, pidomon, and Petulant as participants.

No comments: