03 December 2007

Sliabh Geal Gcua na Féile

No, you don't need new glasses or another cuppa. Well maybe you do need the cuppa. Read to the end of the post for the translation....

I made the mistake* of reading this post over at DCup's place, so now I "have" to do this meme.

The rules:

1. Put your music player on Shuffle

2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.

3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER WHAT(this is in capital letters, so it is very serious.)


Like DCup, I do not have an iPod or any other MP3 player. And the only thing I use iTunes for is listening to internet radio (and streaming programming from NPR stations), so I am reduced to either throwing darts at my CD collection and then randomly choosing songs from the pierced disk - or using Pandora.

Rather than risking a hit on one of The Faithful Sidekicks or destroying my CD's, I think I'll go with Pandora....



MY ANSWERS:
1. IF SOMEONE SAYS “IS THIS OKAY” YOU SAY? Away in a Manger performed by Celtic Women (It's kind of like adding "in bed" to the end of the fortune cookie fortunes... but different)

2. WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY? China Doll by The Grateful Dead (I'm fragile, like a delicate flower. Hmm, I wonder which one?)

3. WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL? One Step Ahead by Rhonda Vincent (w/ Alison Krause) (I'm looking for a girl [woman, actually] who is on the leading edge, not a follower of fashion/trends/wev)

4. HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY? Like A Rose On The Grave Of Love by Xandria (does this mean I'm hopeful in the face of adversity?)

5. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE’S PURPOSE? Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming by Various Artists (again with the roses.. at least we know which flower I'm like)

6. WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO? Pain Of A Troubled Life by Alison Krause & Union Station (okay, the accuracy of this random thingy is getting scary)

7. WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU? Cymbeline by Loreena McKennitt (I am like unto an obscure Shakespeare play... fantastic, but largely unknown)

8. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR PARENTS? Second That Emotion performed by Jerry Garcia Band (sure... whatever that means!)

9. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN? Tired Eyes by Neil Young (I think this tells me that I need new glasses)

10. WHAT IS 2+2? Answer by Sarah McLachlan (wait, what was the question again?)

11. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND? Symphony No. 52 In C Minor, H. 1/52: II. Andante by Franz Josef Haydn (I think that speaks for itself)

12. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE? The Mystic's Dream by Loreena McKennitt (Hmm)

13. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY? Malt Liquor by Hope For Agoldensummer (damn, my secret love of Colt .45 has been outed)

14. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP? The Foggy Dew by The Clancy Brothers & Tommy Makem (I long to be moist, apparently)

15. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE? Symphony No. 16 In C Major, K. 128: II. Andante Grazioso by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (this person I [supposedly] like is Classically Mystical... who knew?)

16. WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU? Midnite Cruiser by Steely Dan (I had no idea....)

17. WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING? Don’t Fear Me Now by Celtic Cross (I should hope my newly minted wife wouldn’t fear me....)

18. WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL? Buried Alive by Linda M (okay, now I‘m really creeped out!)

19. WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST? Shenandoah (sung) by Connie Dover (oddly appropriate, considering my love of [disappearing] Nature)

20. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET? Evidence by Tara MacLean (on the advice of my lawyer, I can say no more)

21. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS? Why Won’t You Touch Me by Capercaillie (I won’t bite, I promise [unless that’s what you want])


22. WHAT SHOULD YOU POST THIS AS? Sliabh Geal Gcua na Féile by Solas (for the Gaelic challenged out there [okay, I had to look it up], that translates as “Bright Beautiful Mount Cua”)


So, that’s it. Since DCup tagged everybody* who read her post, any who read this are probably already tagged. But if not, and you want to have some fun, have at it.


*just kidding, DCup. Ya know I loves ya!

No comments: