12 March 2009

Quote of the Day

...because Bush has been “credibly accused” of supporting torture in Iraq and Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, Canada has a legal obligation to deny him entry under Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. The law says foreign nationals who have committed war crimes or crimes against humanity, including torture, are “inadmissible” to Canada. “The test isn’t whether the person’s been convicted, but whether there’s reasonable grounds to think that they have been involved,”


-- Vancouver lawyer Gail Davidson, who wants Dubya either denied entry or, better yet, arrested when he tries to go to Calgary to speechify in April.

All I can say is... Hell, yes!!

(h/t -- this post at Think Progress)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great quote, great idea from our neighbors to the north!

ps...I got ID to work finallly on my blog.. :)

Jennifer said...

Works for me.

Lockwood said...

I hope this starts an international trend. I believe, from what I read early last fall, that Rumsfeld is already a persona non grata in several European countries. I want to see shrub and darth cheney, at the very least, on the "do not permit entry" list. The "apprehend with extreme caution" list would be even better.

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful thing.

Just when I thought I couldn't love Canada more...