07 November 2008

More on Blue NC

I received an email from a good friend of mine that sums up my feelings about my state perfectly, and with his permission I am posting it below:

Finally!!!!!!!

For the better part of almost 18 years I have though a LOT about moving. I planned for years to move out West, perhaps to Phoenix. I’ve flirted several times with moving to Canada. I’ve thought about moving to Spain. I once even considered packing up and heading to New Zealand. All because I wanted to live in a place with people who value things like I do: personal freedoms for everyone and strong beliefs in equal rights for every single person, a commitment to the betterment of all people by helping those less fortunate no matter where in the world they are, and a deep sense of environmental stewardship and responsibility for our precious Earth.



Now I don’t have to move.



In 9 of the last 10 Presidential Elections, North Carolina has voted Republican, we’ve been a bright, ruby-red gem in the glittery Republican crown. It’s been almost 40 years since our state elected a Democratic nominee. So it is historic that we have turned our state Blue.

I now have a new Democratic Senator representing me.

I now have new Democratic Congressional leaders representing me.

And I also (still, but a new one) have a Democratic Governor representing me.

And most of all, our state voted for Barack Obama to support us all!



I have always loved North Carolina, but I’ve never been prouder and happier to live here – and in America – than I am today.

We truly live in a greater world today, there is hope for everyone.



John Magers

No comments: