18 March 2010

Where's My Coonskin Cap When I Need It?

I guess it depends on your age (and where you're from, to an extent) as to which of the following means most to you, but the singer of the first and the one who appears in both videos is Fess Parker -- Davy Crockett or Dan'l Boone, your choice -- and he died today at the age of 85.

Being from NC, and having lived just a few miles from where Daniel Boone lived before moving to Kentucky and opening the Wilderness Road, I'll always identify Parker with "ole Dan'l".



5 comments:

Mauigirl said...

I remember Davey Crockett the best. RIP, Fess Parker. Good stuff, he will be missed.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

He was huge just a bit before my time.

Mustang Bobby said...

I had all the Davy Crockett stuff, including the coonskin cap and the cap rifle. We even had a Davy Crockett shade in my bedroom ceiling light fixture. When we moved I asked my dad if we could take it with us, but he said No.

Saoirse in Spokane said...

I was an absolute fan of Fess. From his acting days to his real estate deals in the CA bay area, including Great America Amusement Park to his wonderful winery in southern CA. He will be truly missed.

The Cunning Runt said...

Well G'Night, Fess. You had a good run - success in several venues and a good long life.

It was cool to learn, Cuz, that he sang that first song himself - a man of many talents!