29 September 2009

Today In Hilarity

This right here.

Wonderful! As the son of a teacher, I can attest to the fact that some parents will bitch about anything rather than take responsibility for the failure of their child (or children). Interestingly (and I use that term quite ironically), the ones who complain about "teacher didn't do" this or that to coddle, cajole, etc. their precious kid -- up to and including giving them an undeserved passing grade (because it would make the dear child feel bad to be left behind a year, or other equally ridiculous reasons... my favorite was the "Do you know who I am?" to which my mom replied, "Do you know who I am? I'm the teacher."... My mom kicks ass, I tells ya) -- are the ones who scream the loudest about the evils of the "Nanny State", and, not coincidentally, are the ones who think President Barack Hussein Obama is a Islamo-Communo-Fascist racist. Strange, innit?

(h/t to Angelos, via Facebook)

No comments: